Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hallucination...


Ghostly images flash and fade,
As they dance across my gaze.
A series of events, from a distant past
Illusions… from bygone days

Dark visions and premonitions,
Foretelling the things I fear,
Reminding me that history repeats,
And I never have a reason to cheer

Dizzy circles, burn my eyes,
Destroying my fragile calm
It’s hard to separate, truth from lies
And I block my sight with my palm

Grotesque, these flickering scenes
They plague me night and day
They overwrite the world that’s true
They make reality fade away.

Delirium has claimed my mind,
Breaking my imagination’s chains
My thoughts run amok, free from bonds
And return me to all my pains.

I hallucinate… about what might be,
And things that might have been,
My flagrant fantasies seem oh so real…
That they make my sanity spin

But they seem more vibrant… exotic
Than the dull mundane that’s true,
They smell of berries, and taste of flowers
They tell me tales, I never knew

I feel the rays of dawn’s light,
Warming my upturned face,
I can hear the soft wind, whisper past
Tell me… why I would leave this place

I know this isn’t the real world
I know it doesn’t exist…
But, to savor the joys that I have lost
I would gladly stay sunk in its mist.

Help! I’m lost in my own musings,
My wanderings… have led me astray,
I am scared to venture, down unknown tracks
I fear my own darkness’s sway

Beautiful… and deadly too,
My dangerous avenues of thought
Every turn here… is an adventure
Through its perils, my peace is sought.

I cannot stay here for eternity
As beautiful as it might get
The real world beckons me back to her,
I have to return and settle my debt.

The joys I gained years ago
I have to repay now with pain,
My reality… is on a downward slope,
There is nothing here I can gain

The few spare minutes, of wild thoughts
Provide, the only freedom we achieve
I eagerly step off, this bleak world
And soak up the excitement I receive.

Though I leave you now, my fickle friend
As to reality I must return…
I promise to be back… as soon as I can
As, for your release, I yearn.

6 comments: