Your soothing breath, your lingering touch,
Every moment I miss them so much.
Those long, cold days, I spent in your arms,
With your warm embrace and angelic charms
I can’t recall, when we weren’t together
So used to your presence I have become
We spent an eternity with only each other
And the idea of moving on… seems lonesome.
I was always aware of what you meant to me,
The void you left, I had expected to see
Yet I was unprepared for its full weight
This parting… and what it might imprecate
It’s sad that there wasn’t a thing to be done,
Our time together had come to an end
We had to step out of the bright sun,
And into the dark we had to descend
I remember the things I said to you,
Promises that sparkled like morning dew
I also remember our last exchange,
Feeling pain… as the world went strange.
As I spoke, I felt my heart break,
But my resolve still held firm,
And I in spite of the growing ache
Ended our relationship’s lengthy term
And now that I am alone again,
With your thoughts and severe pain
I have to ask myself, day and night
If what we did was wrong or right
I had been sure this was a harsh good
That would eventually benefit us all
My head beats against unyielding wood
While I curse whatever, that made us fall.
I look back at those striking days,
As they fade away into the haze
I wonder if I shall ever see them again
Or hear you purr, as we kiss in the rain
I know how much I want you back,
And also why that must never happen
The lovely walk down that beaten track
Would once again result in today’s pain
I sit alone now, recalling the past
Slightly mellowed by memories amassed
I no longer muse over what I did
My past is gone and future is hid.
I know it’s hard to let you go,
But I have to stand by our crucial choice
In time my rapid pulse will slow,
Even as I hear your musical voice
A very old little scribble that I'd thought I had lost :)
ReplyDeletea little less mature than usual but very good
ReplyDeletewell well..........ur tone is quite an emotional one here... this is also outta experience?
ReplyDeleteIt was written around two years back... guess that's the cause for the 'emo'ness :?
ReplyDeleteYeah... takes root in reality this one... :/
ReplyDeletenice blog, with great info.., keep rocking …
DeleteThanks for the support man :)
ReplyDelete