I go to this place,
They call MSIT,
For the past three years,
It’s been a home to me.
The first few months,
Were all right as rain,
I had a good time,
My ass wasn’t in pain.
But at the first year’s end,
Things started to get tough,
My eyes were opened,
To a load of lies and bluff.
I got into some shit,
Cause shit’s what it is,
Trying to do something nice,
For fuckers not listening to this.
I worked my ass off,
For pointless things,
Making my home better,
Like a ragdoll on strings.
I was told to stop,
Cause I was wasting my time,
I wish I’d listened,
And aborted my crime.
And a crime it was,
Or so everyone felt,
The folks I worked for
Got me below the belt.
The stuff I did for the college,
Like fresher’s and fests,
Forums and magazines
Were treated as pests.
I don’t know why I persisted,
On my path of folly,
Clearly it was a mistake,
To make my hellhole more jolly.
I just wanted to see
My home, my college… shine
My institution by its name
Be noted as fine.
I did my best
But that wasn’t enough
Everything I did
Made the scene more rough.
A cultural evening
Was branded a waste of time
A college magazine was a way
For folk to make more dime
I was dragged to a hearing,
To answer for my sin,
Told I should have abandoned,
Helpless kids for my own skin.
I was berated for my attendance
Which admittedly is low,
By a part time politician,
To whom classes are for show.
I was charged with rudeness,
Because I spoke back,
To a man who insulted me,
For no reason beside his lack.
My juniors were suspended
And forbidden to take part,
In an event we were working on
By the whims of an old fart
Some genius questioned me
About what I’d do
If someone badmouthed,
One of my schools or two.
I told him that slander
Wouldn’t affect me at all,
And with an engineer’s wit
He feigned appall.
He translated my statement
To reflect indifference
To the affairs of my college
And my contemporary’s offence
It’s strange, if he was right,
Why I’d tried talking
My juniors out of the trouble
My faculties were cooking.
They accused me of taking
Their students from their midst
When they took their pleas
To one who tried to assist
Cause who would seek help
Of the ones they flee
The ones who get off
At their student’s plea
The people who revel
At the fear they cause,
Who prey on the weak
By making new laws.
What do they expect
If not fear and hate
From their many victims
As they stand and wait?
I wanted to make a stand
But I don’t any more
Things need to be changed,
But my will’s hit the floor.
This place has gone to hell
And there let it lie
I’ve done enough for my home
Now let me finish with a sigh.
Let the carcass of my college
Be desecrated to scraps
If none who live within
Care to fight the lapse.
Folks can’t stand and talk
In corridors anymore
Since the faculties all fear
A unity they may restore.
In the wreck of my home
Where students can’t group
For fear of expulsion
By a faculty scoop.
Seventeen hundred individuals
All walk alone,
Frightened and cowed,
By a hundred men’s throne.
This post, as messed up as it may be, is entirely factual...
ReplyDeletemirror reflection of situations in MSIT ........... well written.............. and true to every word *~*
ReplyDeletei'm sorry but the standard has fallen dramatically or maybe my eyes are reaching better things........all in all the words put together donot define a situation this piece completely disappoints literature because the essence is missing.
ReplyDeleteThis piece is not a vent for pent up feelings like so many of my other works, but an article designed to be shared. Shared not as a piece of literature I am proud of... but essentially as an epitaph to so many things that I had cherished. I know that from the literary aspect it's value is far below zero... but to me, this is a rare work that was produced not by inspiration but by necessity. As such I am sorry that you don't like it....
Deletesure ur blog uve every right to go about it ur way.Still just put down some good ones too that have an essence too it's nice reading them.The above was actually a let out to frustration or disappointment to not finding a good read for some days in length.No intention of hurting any1 pls.Instead it is a request of bloggers
DeleteSure... thanks for the honest opinion. Appreciate it.
Delete