Lonely in the night as the darkness beckons,
I sit listless and count the seconds,
That tick by slowly while my breathing slows,
As I dive into a world that no one knows.
Every night’s ritual this, my sordid game,
Far from a life of fear and blame,
I choose to hide in the shadows and dark,
Afraid of light and hope’s frail spark.
I desire no company, I revel in gloom,
In my soul… for none there is room,
Except for me… my master and guide,
The one from whom I have nothing to hide.
And this is my world, inside my mind…
I have built a utopia, and to this I bind,
My conscience, lest again it be hurt
In the world of men, of desert and dirt
Solitude is blessed, in my house and head
I desire no flesh that would warm my bed,
My world is free from plots and schemes,
I no longer crave, those passionate dreams
I had my fill, of both light and laugh
But this is it, for the remaining half,
Of my life, or what is left to be,
I would spend thinking of no one but me.
After such lengths of time and toil,
All I have gained is pain and turmoil,
And so this old geezer, weary of life,
Hides all alone avoiding all strife
Inside my head I have everything I need,
Beautiful peace… for which so many bleed,
I don’t want the outside, to ravish my world,
So perfect and frail, and around be curled.
All the pain and sorrow, has perished here
In a world of one, there is nothing to fear,
There is no confusion over society’s norms,
There are no threats, no sudden storms.
Recluse though I may be, to the world outside,
From within, it’s a fortress where I abide,
I am the master and I am the lord,
Of a tiny realm where sanity is stored.
A eight-and-a-half minute composition spurred on by whim...
ReplyDelete