I wander back to those old wounds,
Though years have drifted by,
I visit the graves of past follies
And here the echoes of my sigh.
Sunlit fields and sparkling dew,
That I spurned so long ago,
Haunt my listless thoughts today
And infect the scabs of my woe
Nothing on earth, could ever be ideal
But, those days of ages past,
Were as close to bliss as I have ever been
I had nearly all I could have asked.
Every now and then my resolve fails
As my mind plays tricks on me,
Flaunting the joys and hiding the pangs
Of a time when I had not been free
At transition time, my heart was set,
And free from all vestige of doubt,
I had been sure, that I was in the right,
To survive, I had to break out.
Sudden perhaps, and harsh as well,
The decision and execution were
And for a while I doubted myself,
What life did I actually prefer?
Now that years have passed me by,
No longer do I feel the same
I know that I walk the correct path,
And my choice won’t bring me fame
Occasionally, as I sift idly through
The accumulated memories of old,
I always spot the one pang of regret,
That renders my passion cold.
My heart is filled with best wishes
For every party of that old pact
In spite of the doubt they fill me with,
And confusion I can’t subtract.
And hour or two of melancholy thoughts
The gift of every relapse I taste,
I write to lessen the burden of doubt
While my composure it lays to waste.
Finally getting to update the blog after a lengthy break... :/
ReplyDeleteProbably the 'out-of-touch'-ness will shine right through...
very very nicely worded.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have found you at indiblogger. Your newest follower and a regular visitor now
cheers,
Kajal
Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteThe tragedy of making choices-when we pick one,we have to relenquish the other;and we cannot see into the future to gauge which one will serve us best.In the end it is best to believe in the age-old wisdom-what happens,happens for the best.
ReplyDeleteAgreed...
ReplyDeletenice 1.......completely reflective
ReplyDeleteThanks
ReplyDelete