It eats me up, from the inside
A worm… gnawing through my mind,
I know there is no escape. Save in death…
Or by doing that… which I cannot
A parasite… feeding on my life blood
It drains me… it numbs me
It weakens me… it agonizes me
It grows stronger the more I try to deny it
It had started small… and now just look at it
I had raised it… my little pet,
Some small thing for me to possess…
Mine and mine alone it was meant to be
And it still is…
But it owns me now… not the other way around
I tread in constant fear of it…
I dread its presence… I am scared that it…
May leave my feeble grasp
It dictates what I do… it tells me what to say
Friends… family… everyone…
Separated by a thin barrier… from me
From me… and my perpetual companion
Only it, really knows who I am now… and only I
Know of its… existence
Only two ways out… I know
One path… I am too scared to take…
And the other… the specter of death
These days… because of its presence…
Its constant spine chilling shadow at my heels
I long for oblivion…
Death can scare me no more…
I have known enough fear in my life.
The gift of the monster I created
Who knew it would become this?
A childish mischief… now my arch enemy
It escalated from its small beginning
It grew… and grew
Until it became as it is now
A dark ominous cloud…
Obliterating all rays of the sun…
Making me… wilt… sicken and decay
And eventually die in the darkness
I have given up
Enough…
Come now… let us rest together…
Forever alone… with none to come and separate us
I accept you as a part of my being… finally
It was foolish to run… I knew there was no escape.
My grave shall hold us both… covered by the earth
Just as I have been your slave…
You too will always have been mine.
My friend, companion and guide
My secret
Note to my acquaintances who might read this and get worried: Just a literary work... no cause for alarm :)
ReplyDelete