Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Unquenched...


To be so filled with a burning passion,
That all other things seem small,
Oh! To be racked by the fires of hell
As your anguish makes you crawl

We live each day with different goals,
Focusing on what we must do
Yet when we exhaust, all distractions
Our torment begins anew

We all have that one special thing
That we would give our souls to get
Sadly though, that very thing is
What causes our night’s cold sweat

I work and play all day long,
On this meandering path of life
No one knows that sees me then,
That in my heart there twists a knife

Perhaps I am a slave, to human nature
It’s most basic flaw of all
To want and crave what I may not have
And like a child I brawl

I feel a hollow space inside of me
The absence of what I never had
Unacknowledged which went all this time
But now, it drives me mad

I never knew how vital it was
While I still had it by my side
But not to fear, cause my own sneer
Now tells me, my heart has died

I do not feel lonely, I never have
I do not shed tears and weep
I feel I have always been alone
My soul buried six feet deep

In the gloom of my room, cold and dark
As I awake muffling my scream
The depth of the night chills my bones,
As I recollect my dreary dream

I see myself repeating my follies,
See it all slip by again
I relive the trauma of when it was still fresh
And my existence seems to be vein

What can I do, I do not know
To lessen my great heart-wrench
It seems my life revolves about this
The one pain I can never quench.

3 comments: