Sunday, August 7, 2011

Raindrops...

Raindrops spatter in tandem against my window
Their constant sound drowning out the world
A pearly sheen decorates every green leaf out there,
The majestic cascading sheets of water beautifies… everything
And the world is painted grey by the monsoon clouds
I stare at them in silence… lost in my thoughts.


Raindrops run down my window pane
In numerous narrow runnels
Twisting and bending due to the wind and the glass
Distorting the world that lies outside…
Making even the most familiar of things grotesque…
I watch these new, strange surroundings as they change

Raindrops frost my cold window pane
Misting the surface with their spray
Gradually blotting out the view from my room
Dimming the light that filters through
Darkening the already gloomy day
And I lie in bed… too lazy to wipe away the haze

Raindrops seep through the cracks in my window…
Gathering at the edge of its frame…
A small puddle begins to form inside the room,
Soon it shall grow too large to be held in the narrow sill…
It shall brim over the scarcely adequate boundary…
And I lying still… will watch it fall

Raindrops pour down in torrents beyond my window
In heavy gusts… billowing in the wind…
I admire the sight… I love this weather
I remember lying here in this very place on just such a day
In the arms of one I loved… and together we stared in silence
Now… this scene is just mine to enjoy…

Raindrops drum out a repetitive rhythm on the glass
Over and over and over again
I listen to its music and never grow tired,
I see its dance and can never avert my eyes
I cannot move away from this breathtaking display…
I lie still and observe its beauty

Raindrops drench the world beyond the glass
Outside it cools… and inside it chills
I lie cold and alone on my bed watching its grace
I remember a time, when this splendor had been complete
Only I had been to content and not noticed
Now I lie my by myself and watch the rain.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah... it was raining outside all day... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one.....read a similar one refer here http://pennmarks.blogspot.com/2011/07/mood-was-so-unknown-that-day-i-could.html and some more awesome blogs http://renegadesinc.blogspot.com/2010/09/reverie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out....

    ReplyDelete