Friday, February 4, 2011

Lonely...

Mindlessly I carry on,
More of an automaton than a living thinking being,
Every step and action is a reflex.
My existence… mechanical like a clockwork soldier,
Plodding on with no destination… 

Thoughtlessly I move through my days,
I pause not, to reflect on the past,
I don’t stop to contemplate the future,
I fail to heed the present…
A slave only to the compulsion of my own old habits…

Around me a sea of animated faces,
Colored dots in a bright painting of life,
Shimmering, glowing with zest…
They are all unique, all special, all an intricate part of the whole…
All utterly, terribly and devastatingly identical….

I am the single grey spot in this fabulous collage,
The one unanimated, almost un-alive piece of the mesmerizing jigsaw,
The unmoving rock in a river of rapid events…
Flooding its banks and sweeping away the multitude,
And leaving me unaffected….

I feel… strange.
I have long since come to terms in being the other-side,
The other-side in every debate… even the ones in my own head.
Yet somehow, it all feels different now. Different because
I realize that I do not wish to ever make even the slightest attempt to blend in.

I have accepted my existence.
I have made peace with my being.
I am comfortable in my own skin and wary of the world…
I am ready now to go where my faltering footfalls take me…
So, mindlessly I carry on…

9 comments:

  1. I don't usually write poetry... but guess there's a first for everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude, quite gud.....i cn see a gr8 poet in makin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lolz man... I doubt if poetry is really my thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They are all unique, all special, all an intricate part of the whole…
    All utterly, terribly and devastatingly identical…."
    ---Sexy,man!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you bro :)
    So guess my first real attempt wasn't too bad... was it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope!not at all.I do write poems once in a while.you want to read some?i need all the feedback i can gather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure I'd love to.
    Tell you what... let's make a deal. Since we both want feedback on our works... I will comment on all of yours and you do the same for me... What say man? Shall we shake on it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arrrrh,alright matey!welcome aboard!
    all of the poems are on facebook,notes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fair enough... I'll check them out and comment... :D

    ReplyDelete