Thursday, February 10, 2011

Moving On...

Ever wondered what is ‘ok’?
Stopped to think what ‘normal’ means?
Attempted to ponder how to be ordinary?
Differentiated between reality and dreams?

Every day I keep being told,
That I really need to revert to myself,
That I am still stuck in the distant past and,
I should leave my memories on the topmost shelf.

All these make perfect sense,
I would love nothing better than to abide.
A few lingering doubts at the back of my mind though,
Cause me to still run from my feelings… and hide.

The chief among them of course is,
The justification of my current state,
By its merits I am doing perfectly fine,
That I couldn’t do better at any rate.

It makes me wonder if at all we should,
Ever return to being who we were.
When each experience that we have to face,
Is like a burning brand of what we bear.

We all readily accept the fact,
Those experiences contribute to our growing.
How then can we be as dumb as to desire?
To omit the reaping and return again to sowing.

I find myself unable to accept the argument,
That would guide me to step back through time and space.
The logic that would govern a man,
To not remember or learn from the mistakes he had made.

I feel content to be just as I would like,
No pressing need to be cheery or sad.
Just taking life as it comes…
And letting others debate if I am glad.

I live in the moment now,
Too uncaring to bother about the rest of the world.
This may be a remnant from my most recent life lesson,
Even if that is what it is, I merely find the philosophy bold.

My thoughts and actions are for me alone,
No one has asked you to dwell on it so deeply.
Leave me well enough to fend for myself,
I am satisfied, being marred by my own folly.

8 comments:

  1. Poem number three... Probably the most direct piece I have written so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!

    "My thoughts and actions are for me alone,
    No one has asked you to dwell on it so deeply.
    Leave me well enough to fend for myself,
    I am satisfied, being marred by my own folly."

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merely paraphrasing my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call it Paraphrasing or re-phrasing.... its good. Want more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I shall do my best to provide :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. epic!
    loved this part in particular:
    "I feel content to be just as I would like,
    No pressing need to be cheery or sad.
    Just taking life as it comes…
    And letting others debate if I am glad."

    especially the last two lines in that!
    Keep writing poems too, looking froward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you my fellow writer, your opinion is highly valued :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a nice piece to read... From this it's quite clear that how u look forward to ur life.. nd specialy doz two lines
    "I live in the moment now,Too uncaring to bother about the rest of the world." tells everythng.. But yes.. its true dat we hav to move on but still we shouldn't frget that past is everythng that helped us to look frward..whatever..

    Thnx bro fr such a good composition.. carry on..

    ReplyDelete