Chairs stacked up in neat little rows
Vacant and ready to use
One quiet server behind the shelf
And me the silent muse.
One quiet server behind the shelf
And me the silent muse.
Jobless and bored, I have nothing to
do
Save to sit and mope
For the first time in many a year
It’s for company that I hope
Save to sit and mope
For the first time in many a year
It’s for company that I hope
The dull drone of the coffee machine
The only sound I hear
Save the footsteps of the girl in white
Who keeps drawing ever near
The only sound I hear
Save the footsteps of the girl in white
Who keeps drawing ever near
A coffee to go is what she asks
Of the keeper of my gloomy den
I long to beg this sweet dame
Of the keeper of my gloomy den
I long to beg this sweet dame
To take me along right then
The moment fades and life resumes
Its usual mundane pace
The memory is lost and soon forgotten
Its usual mundane pace
The memory is lost and soon forgotten
In the tide of the damn rat race
The shop is unchanged and so am I
As my long wait unfolds
People come and leave again
As my long wait unfolds
People come and leave again
Mankind, in a hundred molds
It seems that I'm the only one
Who doesn’t fit into this world
Who doesn’t fit into this world
I have free time, a rare case
In an age where no second is spurned
And
so I sit in sultry gloom
Counting the clocks steady tick
My leisure hour is to soon expire
Counting the clocks steady tick
My leisure hour is to soon expire
And
life shall again be erratic.
Written in a CCD outlet when thoroughly bored...
ReplyDelete