Monday, February 13, 2012

Tonight...


Tonight confusion returns to me.

In great crashing waves that stifle and choke
With the briefest respite amid their onslaught
For me to wonder what is wrong.

Being calm and sure… my biggest traits
I don’t know where they have gone
All was well… but in one fine moment,
My composure slipped away
And unvoiced fears take hold of me


Tonight my restless thoughts keep me awake.

I can focus on nothing else
Unformed and inexplicable questions
Rack my tortured mind.

I remember when I was young,
Far less weathered by the winds of the world
Feeling this way before,
But this can’t be the same… I have grown
The ice in my veins… keeps me awake.

Tonight that old feeling creeps up again.

I toss and turn with inexplicable pain
Slowly clouding the edges of my reason,
While my unease festers and takes shape.

I can place a finger on what has caused this,
But it’s shameful… what I see
I have no right to feel this way,
The petty feelings of desire and attraction
I cannot harbor… again.

Tonight… my will is shattered

My sudden rage has shown me the truth
I am taken back to those quiet walks
As a fierce sense of possession made me burn

What path I need must follow now…
I honestly have no clue
I know the right step to take…
But am tempted by youth’s mistake
I fear that my dreams will again be shattered

Tonight… I am lost in despair.

13 comments:

  1. Feels good to be back to writing weird stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u have painted a fine pic of your mood...........superbbbbb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have brilliant vocabulary.....well trained it seems.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... thanx :)
      I haven't had any training as such. I just love to read... a lot.

      Delete
    2. den u definately have read some vast variety of amazing books

      Delete
  4. Haha.. not nearly as many as I'd have liked. Not by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i find it really hard to believe.......give me an approx of how many books u've read n i'll be the judge.......:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well... it's hard to put a number on it. But the thing is... there's always books that I really wish I could read. Hence, the amount of books I have read... is less than what I would like to have read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. story books r actually irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. u know what other blog writers may be disheartened u write great-author is a good idea, if u succeed it's goonna change ur life

    ReplyDelete