No… I am most certainly not talking about the contraceptive brand here (sorry to disappoint those that only started reading this hoping that I was… incidentally they are the same folk who seem to have already stopped.) It’s just the psychological “mood” that I want to blog about today (and I think I just lost some more readers.) In addition to hearing my views about said “mood” and more importantly how it swings… hopefully, we’ll also be able to make some headway in understanding the incomprehensible psyches of males and females alike. (What do you know? The readers are back!)
Let’s start with a personal analysis… since it would hardly be fair for me to comment on a third party’s mental processes without first dissecting my own. So… here goes. I think I am a happy guy. I don’t have many regrets… and I crack a lot of jokes (only some of which are in poor taste). I do get pissed… but it usually takes a lot of build up… and as a result tends to last a while. On the whole, I’d say I get pissed one day per month. The rest of the time… my sarcasm is the only sign of my annoyance… (except when it’s there just for the heck of it).
Sad as it is… the vast majority of our fellow humans don’t take after me… tragic, isn’t it? Mellow morons tend to fly off the handle with barely a moment’s notice… and furious fools simmer down without a warning. And only for half of these unpredictable weirdos can you say… “It must be that time of the month.”
The most obvious explanation for the whole situation would be that everyone has a daily tolerance level. Some things bug you more than others… and it all piles up gradually till it reaches the threshold limit. Certain desirable occurrences serve to reduce the strain on the psyche and take you away from the breaking point. There is also a time dependent drain factor involved that gradually soothes you (reducing our chances of watching you spontaneously combust). A sufficient time gap eventually reduces the entire frustration level to its ground state… a variable depending from person to person… and his or her general existential parameters. Lastly… there is a carry-ahead function of your past day’s annoyance that makes you start a new day at a pre-excited state instead of the base value. Savvy?
Ok… perhaps that was a little “over the top”. Let me try again.
People have their own patience levels when it comes to putting up with shit. The shittier the stuff that happens to you… the closer you will get to snapping. The good stuff however, bolsters your cool. Time also helps calm your twanging nerves. And given enough time without anything annoying happening... you get to as calm as you can possibly be without doing drugs. Lastly… if your life is really being put through the wringer… then one day’s problems leech into the next and you start the new day with a bad hangover.
I’m sure you all must have got it by now... so I’ll proceed.
Yet, in spite of these rather concrete set of rules… sometimes weird things still happen. A smiling bloke bashes you upside the head at your well timed display of humor. Or a girl who seemed fine moments ago bursts into tears when you say she’s put on weight.
Don’t assume that all these experiences are mine!
Not being the world’s greatest psychoanalyst… I can only theorize so many possible explanations for the unpredictability factor of the snapping phenomenon. While, even a little nudge can send a man tumbling when he is already at the edge… there are also hidden raw nerves in each of us that if touched, cause even the greatest of stoics to start frothing at the mouth. Just like cheat codes in a game… press enter and they’ll get you to the end level in the blink of an eye. But not nearly as much fun.
Another possible solution to the conundrum is that… the bloke being bugged was a stoic already. That is to say… he was already putting up with a lot of shit with a forced smiling face. Your gentle nudge… was just the final straw required for him to explode.
Well whatever… accidents happen. We aren’t really here to discuss how to avoid the situations… you’re here to read about how I advise you deal with them. And trust me folks… this is something I’d really know about.
See… instead of telling you what you should do when you tick someone off… I think it’d be more fun all around, if I told you what you don’t do (speaking strictly from personal experience now). So… here goes.
You do not want to do any of the following when you have a pissed of bloke… and he wants to wring your head off ….
- Give him a wedgie.
- Try to tickle him into laughing.
- Trip him up and laugh.
- Click a picture of him raging.
- Pretend to apologize and fail to keep a straight face.
And in case you made a girl mad… or sad… you don’t do the following…
- Comment on how her make up is getting ruined.
- Take a video of her snuffling… or storming towards you.
- Ask her if it’s that time of the month.
- Say that you aren’t scared of her nails.
- Give her a wedgie.
As you can plainly see… I am not that great with the advice. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a never ending supply of cynicism… I’m your man. It’s not that I wouldn’t love to help you out… it’s just that I have no idea how!
Really sorry folks… there is nothing I can teach you about dealing with mood swings (especially the ones caused by you). Then again you can always learn from me (my mistakes)… even if the only thing you learn is what you shouldn’t do.
I rather think I could have done better with a topic I know so well... :/
ReplyDeleteY did u suddenly write on moods???
ReplyDeletean ok piece.... seems more of lyk u trying to voice out sumthng....is it so??
Ok... you've got to tell me who you are.
ReplyDeleteAnd to answer your question, I was merely trying to analyze the possible causes for why one might suddenly blow a fuse... and what not to do if he does.
Well then.... u've pretty successfully done that bit....
ReplyDeleteUm... thanks no name :)
ReplyDeleteAnd still you fail to identify yourself... oh well :/
ReplyDeletekeep guessing dude :D
ReplyDelete:/
ReplyDelete