Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunset...

Unmoving and still every single leaf,
Each hushed as if frozen in place,
Yet there was a breeze steadily blowing,
 For I felt it… felt it upon my face.

The scene was complete in a surreal way,
From every aspect you chose…
Aesthetics or depth whichever you saw
Seemed perfect like a dewy rose.

I closed my eyes to heighten the sensation,
And smelled the sweetness of the air,
I savored the golden rays warming my skin,
And felt transported with the wind in my hair.

Though my vision was at rest for now,
Somehow, I could still clearly see
Every ripple on the lake’s silver surface
To me were breakers on the foamy sea.

I sensed the stirring in the leaves overhead,
Felt the tremor run through the grass,
I knew the gust of wind that was coming,
Sensed long before it had come to pass…

Each component here was crucial and necessary
Be it the glittering sun, on the water ahead
It was as important as the calming breeze,
Or even the green foliage that gave me shade

Without any one of these infinite factors,
I have no doubt that the magic would die,
All that remained would be an empty shore…
And some fool with closed eyes standing by.

The peace was sound and soothing at once,
The lullaby of nature in its rawest form,
To one as me, hassled by a tiring existence
It removed my coldness and made me warm.

How long I stood there I cannot say,
Still and unmoving as a statue of stone,
When I opened my eyes slowly again,
The beauty of the view, made me groan.

I had to leave this place of wonder,
I could not outrun my life, how much I tried,
In spite of these little snippets of calm I stole,
There were still rules by which I had to abide.

I turned and walked away from paradise itself,
Nothing in my experience could ever compare,
The beauty and peace of a sunset scene,
Keep calling to me… even in this cool night air.

1 comment: