Is it strange that I find the night… grand?
Cloaked in her secrets and shrouded in her beauty,
Robed in a shimmering gown spanning the sky,
Serenaded by the whispering breeze from over the seas,
I find the night… beautiful.
I am moved by her soft compelling depth,
Her ever present solitude that lulls me to sleep,
Of her inexplicable entrancing darkness
The mesmerizing… exhilaration she brings…
Oh night… my sweet seductress.
Throughout the day I await her…
I shun the rude light of day,
And also the clamor… all around me
I cannot wait for it to end.
Cannot wait to be one with my love again…
The reunion never comes a moment too soon,
I await her as she emerges… my eyes closed
The joy washing over me….
It seems my utopia is eternal…
For no matter how long the days prove to be,
She always returns to my side.
Her shadow, dimming the light… removing the glare,
Bringing me the peace… the peace that I so crave…
In all her forms she enthralls me.
The young dame, poised to flee…
Scared of the harsh light still left from the day
The queen… enveloping the world with her charm
Smothering me... her admirer…
And the soft understanding of the gentle companion,
Calming me with her presence and quiet…
No… it cannot be unnatural to find her… stunning...
My doubts are erased in a heartbeat…
As she rises over the horizon in all her splendor
As she comes back to me after our time apart
Comes back to me once again…
And I am claimed by the night.
And I am claimed by the night.
Drunk poetry continues...
ReplyDeletePlease go easy on this one guys...
yes, a bit too much on one entity, but, as always, very well written!
ReplyDeleteHow do you mean "a bit too much on one entity"?
ReplyDeleteI meant, after the fourth stanza, it felt a bit monotonous; but hey, that's just me!
ReplyDeleteHey, I need the opinions... so thank you :)
ReplyDeleteYou know, all you need to do is write a piece half this passionate dedicated to the girl you like, and half your problems will be solved :D
ReplyDeleteYeah... right...
ReplyDelete...not too conscious of the standards of drunk poetry,but I guess this is a low for your profile unless you think otherwise...nothing mesmerising or awestriking factor but a notch above the average tag...
ReplyDeleteUm... okay... will try to remedy that with the next one...
ReplyDelete